COVID-19 and BREXIT Updates
You can contact us by email as follows:- Sales: email@example.com
– Specification: firstname.lastname@example.org
– Operations: email@example.com
– Finance: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our production facilities also currently remain fully open. If you have orders to place please contact us as early as possible to ensure that required timescales can be met.Even in this uncertain economic climate, Guthrie Douglas is expanding fast and we would like to thank you for your continuing trust and support. We will continue to make every effort to support you with your projects to a high standard over the coming weeks and months.
** ARE YOU READY FOR THE POST-BREXIT IMPORT PROCESS? **
Whilst the trade deal between the UK and the EU means that no taxes are payable when importing our products, it is necessary to complete certain administrative steps to avoid any delays in receiving your goods.
- Customs clearances. All system orders despatched by Guthrie Douglas to Europe will be handled by DHL Global Forwarding (NOT DHL EXPRESS). Please register an account with your local DHL Global Forwarding Agent, and sign the relevant Power of Attorney form so that DHL can process customs clearances on your behalf. You will need an EORI# and company stamp to complete this process. DHL will require payment of any relevant VAT charges etc. before they release the delivery.
- VAT. Import VAT is payable by you in arrival in your country. You should set up a VAT deferment account with your local tax authorities to avoid the need for any up-front payments.
- Small spares orders will continue to be despatched through a variety of courier services (eg. TNT/UPS). You do not need to make any arrangements for delivery in this case. Payment for VAT or any other import charges will be requested directly by the courier before delivery.
We are here to help! If you have any questions please contact us @ email@example.com and we can for example approach DHL and request that their local Agent get in touch with you directly. For more information, read this technical briefing note.
With best wishes from everyone at GD.