Current opportunities to join our unique team of specialist engineers and problem solvers are listed below. We look forward to hearing from you.
Innovation, Precision, and Trust – these are the values that drive us and make Guthrie Douglas a company where you can thrive and grow.
- Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm (40 hours a week), full time, permanent position
- Home based- London and international travel when required
- We are engineers and manufacturers of specialist blinds. Our mission is to improve façade performance and contribute to inspirational, sustainable architecture. Our team of 30 people work internationally on some of the world’s most prominent construction projects
In this new, exciting position as UK Project Consultant, you will develop and deliver our pipeline of major project specifications generated from the UK to develop the market and growth plan for Guthrie Douglas. This is an exciting time to join our business as we grow, this role will be an integral part of driving that growth and implementing change.
Reporting to the Group Sales Director, you will possess the necessary drive, enthusiasm and tenacity to manage and develop UK markets. Results driven, you will be comfortable building strong relationships within the façade and consultant market along with working alongside your sales/marketing colleagues to generate new leads.
- Consult with identified top tier architects, façade engineers and contractors to specify Guthrie Douglas products and solutions on major façade and commercial projects.
- Create leads and track projects from inception to delivery, engaging with all project stakeholders to ensure that the best specification for the project is made, held, and delivered successfully.
- Maintain and develop relationships with GD delivery partners.
- Maintain and proactively manage a pipeline to ensure conversion rate for leads is maximised. Attend company meetings and report to management on pipeline status and activities.
- Represent Guthrie Douglas to specifiers, industry groups and stakeholders in the construction industry, including presentations, training, entertaining clients, and attending relevant industry events and exhibitions.
Essential experience & skills
- Strong technical understanding of facades, shading or commercial building automation
- Read and interpret manufacturing and construction drawings
- Broad understanding of construction of the building envelope – materials and construction methods
- Understanding of the construction industry processes from project initiation to product specification, project delivery and post-completion
- Construction industry structure and key players
- Effective specification sales strategies and techniques
- Microsoft Office Software essential including Outlook
- ERP systems & sales order processing (preferably Microsoft Dynamics Navision)
- Publishing and presentation software
- Fluent English
- Excellent communication at all levels
- Specification sales of building products in the façade, solar shading or closely related industries
- Working in manufacturing/ engineering/ construction
- Existing relationships with top tier architects, engineers and contractors
- Proven Sales and Customer Service experience
- Defence and conversion of specifications through to order stage
Desirable experience & skills
- Second language
- Technical/ engineering/ manufacturing qualification
- Construction qualification
What we offer
- Sales targeted personal bonus scheme.
- Pension (Min 2% EE’s & 5% ER’s contributions)
- Life assurance
- 31 days holiday p.a. (pro-rata & including bank holidays) subject to a 6-month qualifying period.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee assistance scheme
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to Applications@guthriedouglas.com
These are the values that drive us and make Guthrie Douglas a company where you can thrive and grow:
- Innovation – We are curious. We ask ‘why not’?
- Precision – We are precise and pay attention to detail.
- Trust – We listen well. We pull together when faced with challenges. We do not overcomplicate. We work together with honesty, kindness and respect.
Guthrie Douglas is a unique team of specialist engineers with the sole focus of creating technical shading systems for extraordinary spaces. Our mission is to improve façade performance and contribute to inspirational, sustainable architecture. Our team of 30 people work internationally on some of the world’s most prominent construction projects.
Picture the scene: A trade show in 1985; A spectacular glass atrium at Kuala Lumpur International Airport with a 60ft long sloping façade; and an architect with a vision to shade it with a single piece of motorized fabric. ‘Why not?’ thought Richard Guthrie, and back at the factory a single-minded determination to solve the problem prompted a hole in a wall to test his ideas, meticulous experimentation, and eventually a vision made into reality.
Today, still owned and managed by the Guthrie family, we combine that same restless will for invention with a focused, intelligent approach that has taken us from one engineer’s brilliant idea to world leaders in our field.
This exciting position is a key role in the business and part of the Senior Management Team. You will be responsible for driving change in a fast-growing business, improving processes and delivering efficiencies that will make a major contribution to the company’s ambitious growth plan.
- Manage the company finance and IT functions, including managing 1-2 direct reports to effectively carry out book keeping/sales ledger/purchase ledger, payroll, monthly accruals, VAT & Export reporting, company budget, cash flow forecasts, management reporting, BACS run, IT admin and liaising with the company accountants.
- Provide strategic advice to the Directors, including ownership of the budget and 5-year financial growth plan, update and deliver the plan, advise on funding, affordability, cashflow and timing, analyse and manage investments to deliver desired returns and identify, manage and report on risks to delivery of the growth plan.
- Lead change including, managing all costs including payroll, overheads, stock and other material costs, create and implement margin improvement initiatives, set, monitor and deliver Gross and Net profitability targets, identify and implement process efficiencies.
Skills and requirements:
- Demonstrable track record of adding value within a commercially focused finance role (ideally in a fast-growing SME)
- Improving processes and driving efficiencies in a technical environment (ideally manufacturing, engineering or construction).
- Fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA).
- Accounting, payroll and office management procedures.
- Overall management of the Finance function.
- Project finance and accounting for long term contracts.
- Microsoft Office and ERP systems (ideally Navision).
Who you are:
- Manages and develops people to create high performing teams.
- Great attention to detail.
- Master communicator and relationship builder.
- Can do attitude, able to adapt quickly.
- A proactive and energetic personality.
- Strategic thinker who also enjoys rolling their sleeves up when needed.
- An innovative approach, challenges conventional business thinking and sees the potential benefits of change.
- Acts with integrity. Speaks truth to power. Maintains confidentiality.
Who you are:
- Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm (40 hours a week), full time, permanent position, flexible working options are available.
- Based in our Warwick office, CV34 6TE
- £50-£60 salary per annum depending on experience
- We want to share our success with all of our employees, that’s why we have company bonus scheme, in addition to a competitive salary we also contribute to your pension and offer life assurance
- 31 days holiday p.a inc. bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Quarterly employee awards
- Social events and an annual company challenge
- Internal technical company training
- Referral scheme
- Additional holidays